As we reopen for in-person workshops, here's what you need to know.
Workshops are Back!
How we're protecting you.
Government regulations and mandates change by the day. This means that the requirements for one workshop might look different than the requirements for the next one. This allows us to maintain sufficient safety for our participants and volunteers, as well as complying with mandates.
Our in-person workshops must allow for close interaction. It is only when we get close, see the expressions on others’ faces, and engage in healthy touch (if desired) that we truly and fully connect with each other.
After such a long time having to keep our distance from one another, connecting with one another face-to-face may seem liberating, uncomfortable, or even emotional. Perhaps you will feel all of these at once! As the policy below makes clear, we will not discourage you from taking whatever precautions you need for your personal safety, nor will we attempt to persuade or intimidate you into dropping these precautions.
Please review the policy carefully, read through the frequently asked questions, and contact us with any questions or concerns.
Foundations for Tomorrow policies regarding COVID-19 and in-person attendance at workshops
Revision November 15, 2022
- Foundations for Tomorrow, Inc. (“Foundations”) recognizes that COVID-19 related mandates often change at the multiple locations in which it plans to hold in-person events. These policies will help assure that reasonable precautions are taken at in-person events for the safety of all who attend while allowing Foundations to plan for upcoming in-person events.
- Foundations will comply with all COVID-19 mandates in place at the time and location of the event. Foundations will not impose additional requirements beyond what is mandated.
- Assuming it is permitted by current mandates, Foundations will permit individuals at its in-person events to go without a mask, face covering or face shield, and will not enforce physical distancing requirements at the event.
- Foundations will inform attendees that additional precautions can be taken by each individual; it is up to each individual to take whatever additional precautions they feel appropriate; and no person will be required, threatened, or intimidated into foregoing these precautions. Foundations will instruct individuals to speak to a Foundations on-site facilitator immediately if they at any time feel uncomfortable with the arrangements being made to safeguard them.
- If anyone at the event begins to experience symptoms of COVID-19, they will immediately leave the event after informing a Foundations staffer. Foundations will then inform all attendees as soon as practical. The affected attendee will have a COVID-19 PCR or rapid COVID test performed and the results will be reported to Foundations within 72 hours.
You are welcome to attend a workshop where and when vaccination is not required.
Due to shifting COVID-related requirements in Oregon and California, we may not be able to predict whether certain workshops will require vaccination. Contact us to let us know you’re interested in particular dates, and we’ll email you as soon as we can make a determination.
The staff has to meet the same requirements as the participants.
The affected participant must pay for the test.